Life is an adventure. We help our boys and girls to greet it with joy and confidence, whether that means perfecting their balancing act in the playground or having another go at a sum that defeated them first time round – you’re never too young to start mastering essentials such as persistence, co-operation and independent thinking.
Learning has to be fun, or they’ll switch off, so reading might centre on a game with pirate treasure as a prize; history comes alive with a timeline of toys; and arts and crafts, song and dance are woven into the school day.
'My favourite place is everywhere!'
Simple games, such as tag and rounders, show them how to win gracefully and lose generously. Even a bump or bruise in the playground is an opportunity to learn that getting things a bit wrong needn’t be a disaster.
And to make life easier for busy parents, our pre-prep is a single school with parallel classes running at two sites – one in an idyllic, Victorian schoolhouse in Madingley (a 'forest school'), which also houses kindergarten boys and girls, and the other alongside our bustling junior school in the heart of Cambridge. Just choose the site that’s most suitable for you and your child (a minibus runs between the two if you need help with transport).
- Year One create portraits - with adjectives!
- Year 1 Plan-Do-Review Collaborative Art ProjectReception at Madingley had a fun lesson in Year 1.
- IB Results 2016Once again, we are extremely proud of our students’ performance. It is a real credit to their hard work and to the support and commitment of our teachers.
- CAS Visual Arts EventPre-prep students held a tea part for care home residents.
- Learning for OurselvesFind out what Year 2 have been doing in their Plan-Do-Review lessons this term.
Open Mornings 2016
Saturday 1 October: City Pre-prep, 9.30 - 12.30pm
Saturday 15 October: Madingley Pre-prep, 10 - 12pm